Aviatik B.II, B.III
|RECONNAISSANCE AIRCRAFT||Virtual Aircraft Museum / Austria / Aviatik|
Oesterreichische-Ungarische Flugzeugfabrik Aviatik was the Austro-Hungarian branch of the German Aviatik company but produced aircraft of original design. The B.II of 1915 (120hp Austro-Daimler) and the B.III of 1916 (160hp Austro-Daimler) were basically reconnaissance aircraft, but carried a small number of 10kg bombs for light offensive missions. Defensive armament of a Schwarzlose machine-gun was standard on the B.III and a developed version of the B.II. The original B.II carried no gun. Following useful but unspectacular service, mostly on the Eastern Front, the Aviatiks Bs began (in 1916) a new career as trainers.
All the World's Rotorcraft