The He 46 of 1931 was a two-seat armed reconnaissance and army cooperation parasol-wing monoplane, powered in its production form by a 484.4kW Bramo 322B radial engine. It was one of the main types chosen for the Luftwaffe expansion programme, initiated well before Germany's official announcement of the Air Force's existence. Nearly 480 He 46 were produced, remaining operational with the Luftwaffe on the Eastern Front until 1943. It also served with the Bulgarian and Hungarian Air Forces, and had previously been used by the Nationalist forces during the Spanish Civil War.
|A three-view drawing (1000 x 715)|
| ENGINE||1 x Bramo SAM 322, 480kW|
| Take-off weight||2300 kg||5071 lb|
| Empty weight||1765 kg||3891 lb|
| Wingspan||14.0 m||46 ft 11 in|
| Length||9.5 m||31 ft 2 in|
| Height||3.4 m||11 ft 2 in|
| Wing area||32.2 m2||346.60 sq ft|
| Max. speed||260 km/h||162 mph|
| Cruise speed||220 km/h||137 mph|
| Ceiling||6000 m||19700 ft|
| Range w/max.fuel||1000 km||621 miles|
| ARMAMENT||1 x 7.9mm machine-guns|
|Barry, 30.01.2013 17:15|
The engine used in the definitive He46C was a 650h.p. Siemens SAM22B 9 cylinder radial. Minor improvements on the pre-production He46D-0 including a NACA cowling resulted in the He46-1,He46-2 and He46-3 models. Some of the He46E-2 were exported to Hungary. The He46F-1 and He46-2, 14 of which were produced were powered by a 560h.p. Armstrong Siddeley Panther engine, also with a cowling.
|dafag, 21.06.2011 06:03|
It also served with the Bulgarian and Hungarian Air Forces, and had previously been used by the Nationalist forces during the Spanish Civil War.
Do you have any comments?
All the World's Rotorcraft