Vladimir B. Shavrov had worked as a member of the OMOS design bureau from 1925, and after two years there set out to design and build a light general-purpose amphibian flying-boat, the Shavrov Sh-1. A sesquiplane, the Sh-1 had its main wing strut-mounted above the single-step hull and stabilising floats were incorporated into the lower stub-wing. The main wheels of the landing gear were retracted manually. Flown for the first time on 21 June 1929, the Sh-1 performed well, attaining a maximum speed of 126km/h on its 63kW Walter radial engine. The Sh-1 remained a prototype, being developed into the slightly larger and refined Sh-2.
|A three-view drawing (900 x 620)|
| ENGINE||1 x 63kW Walter|
| Take-off weight||790 kg||1742 lb|
| Empty weight||535 kg||1179 lb|
| Wingspan||10.7 m||35 ft 1 in|
| Length||7.7 m||25 ft 3 in|
| Height||3.1 m||10 ft 2 in|
| Wing area||20.3 m2||218.51 sq ft|
| Max. speed||126 km/h||78 mph|
| Ceiling||2470 m||8100 ft|
| Range||400 km||249 miles|
Do you have any comments about this aircraft ?