Sikorsky S-7
1912
Back to the Virtual Aircraft Museum
  Virtual Aircraft Museum / USSR / Russia / Sikorsky  

Sikorsky S-7

Igor Sikorsky's first monoplane, the S-7, combined wings, tail surfaces and landing gear from the S-6A with a new plywood-covered fuselage, and was powered by a 70hp Gnome rotary engine. Two persons sat side-by-side forward of the pilot, under the wing-brace pylons. Flown by George Jankovsky, it participated in the military competition until its landing gear collapsed during take-off from a ploughed field. After repair, it was used as a trainer in the summer of 1913 and then sold to the Bulgarian Army on the eve of the First World War.

Comments
dawang, 18.06.2011

After repair, it was used as a trainer in the summer of 1913 and then sold to the Bulgarian Army on the eve of the First World War.

, 18.06.2011

Sikorsky S-7

Do you have any comments about this aircraft ?

Name    E-mail


COMPANY
PROFILE



All the World's Rotorcraft


All rhe World's Rotorcraft AVIATION TOP 100 - www.avitop.com Avitop.com