Leduc began designing athodyds (ramjets) in 1929 at
Argenteuil, as well as experimental aircraft in which to test
them. The L.010-1,
started 1937 and completed 1945,
was first purely athodyd-powered manned aircraft to fly.
Followed by L.010-2 and similar L.016-1 in 1951. All airlaunched
from Languedoc mother plane. In 1953-1954
appeared the L.021 -01 and -02, and plans existed for a
swept-wing aircraft with Atar 101 turbojet engine for independent
take-off and an 0.22 supersonic fighter.