After withdrawal from Wright Martin Aircraft Corporation, Glenn L. Martin formed his own company at Cleveland, Ohio, in 1917, occupying a new factory at Baltimore, Maryland, in 1929. During Second World War operated U.S. government plant at Omaha, Nebraska. Aircraft production ceased December 20,1960 when the last P5M- 2 Marlin was handed over to U.S. Navy. MB-1 twin-engined biplane bomber first flown August 17,,1918, followed by improved MB-2. Other inter-war military aircraft included MO-1 three-seat observation aircraft, PM-1 and PM-2 flying-boats for the U.S. Navy and the B-10 and B-12 bombers. Latter developed into Model 167, supplied to RAF from 1940 as Maryland, and Model 187 which RAF used as
In the form of the Martin Marietta Corporation, Martin returned to piloted aircraft production in 1965 with SV-5 piloted lifting body research vehicle, built as SV-5J with J-85 or J-60 jet engine and as SV-5P or X-24A with XLR- 11 rocket engine. Vehicle was launched from Boeing B-52 mother plane. In March 1995 Martin Marietta merged with Lockheed Corporation to form present Lockheed Martin Corporation.
All the World's Rotorcraft
130 "China Clipper"
P6M "Sea Master"