Founded 1934 as government-run R&D organization, with
manufacturing, maintenance and upgrading capabilities.
In an official specification of 1934 (see next entry) the
company had designed the C-36 monoplane. Newly named
EFW as above, it revived the design
in 1938 and built 160
as C-3603. Of C-3604 development, only 13 were built.
After the war became responsible for Swiss license production
of various foreign aircraft for Swiss Air Force,
including the British Vampire, Venom and Hunter (under
Hawker Siddeley contract), several versions of French
Mirage and US F-5E/F combat aircraft, plus French Alouette
III helicopter. Produced C-3605 as turboprop conversion
of wartime C-3603 fighter-bomber, used for target-towing.