Flugzeugbau Friedrichschafen established with factory at
Mansell, later at Warnemunde, producing many seaplane
designs for German Navy.
FF 29 twin-float reconnaissance
seaplane introduced November 1914 for coastal patrol
and fighter versions. Replaced by FF 49, with more powerful Benz Bz IV engine, introduced in May 1917. Also built
land-based aircraft, including G III long-range bomber with
two Mercedes DIV engines, used on Western Front in 1917.